🇻🇳 “Hello Vietnam”: The Song That Reminded Me Where I Belong

No matter how far I travel, Vietnam will always be the place I call home.


The song “Hello Vietnam”  always reminds me of the first time I travelled abroad alone. It was an unforgettable journey that taught me to be more independent and courageous. More importantly, it made me realise how much Vietnam means to me.

✈️ My First Trip Abroad





At first, four members of my development team planned a one-week trip to Malaysia. I felt confident and eager to explore a new country because it was my first time setting foot abroad.

At the end of our holiday, my teammates flew back to Vietnam, while I decided to continue my journey to Singapore alone.

My company’s regional office was located there, so I had asked my manager if I could visit it. Fortunately, he agreed.

However, when I said goodbye to my teammates at the airport in Malaysia, I suddenly felt a little frightened. I was about to enter another unfamiliar country by myself, but I tried to remain calm.

I told myself:

“Be brave. You should experience this at least once in your life.”

🚇 Lost at Changi Airport

After arriving in Singapore, I spent nearly three hours at Changi Airport because I did not know how to take the MRT, Singapore’s public train system.

At first, I walked around the airport feeling confused and overwhelmed. Eventually, I asked someone for help and managed to find the correct train.

I arrived in Singapore at around 6 p.m., but I did not reach my hotel until nearly 10 p.m. I was completely exhausted, so I checked in and went straight to bed.

🤝 A Warm Welcome

The following day, my manager picked me up and took me to the office. My colleagues gave me a warm welcome, which immediately made me feel more comfortable.

They treated me to dinner and showed me around the city. I truly appreciated their kindness and hospitality because they made me feel less lonely in an unfamiliar country.

Although we worked together, it was the first time I had met some of them in person. Spending time with them was one of the most memorable parts of my journey.

🗺️ Exploring Singapore Alone





The next day, I decided to explore Singapore by myself.

I sometimes took the wrong route and wandered around without knowing exactly where I was going. At times, I felt completely lost and out of place. I did not have much money with me, and my English was not very good, so I was quite nervous.

I worried that I might get lost, be cheated or get into trouble. However, I continued exploring and eventually found my way.

Looking back, these difficult moments helped me become more confident and independent.

🎁 Time to Say Goodbye

On my final day, my colleagues gave me some gifts before I left. Their kindness made saying goodbye even more emotional.

While I was flying back to Vietnam on a Vietjet flight, I listened to the song “Hello Vietnam.”

As I listened to it, I thought about my family, my journey and everything I had experienced. The song touched me deeply, and I began to cry. I missed my family and felt relieved that I was finally returning home.

❤️ Where I Belong

Singapore was modern, clean and exciting, but that song reminded me of something important:

No matter how many countries I visit or how far I travel, Vietnam will always be the place I want to return to. It is not only my country—it is my home.

This journey taught me that travelling alone can be frightening, but it can also help us step outside our comfort zone, become stronger and understand ourselves better.

Whenever I hear “Hello Vietnam,” I remember that flight, the tears in my eyes and the wonderful feeling of coming home.

Comments